Change lives with Monte Cecilia
The dedicated team at Monte Cecilia works incredibly hard for those with housing needs in and around Auckland. Please see the open positions below if you have what it takes to become a part of this team.
Community Services Manager
As a Service Manager, you will lead a diverse team of people to provide innovative and collaborative supports to the whānau we support. This is done in consultation with family/whānau. You will lead the Social Workers, Community Linkers and Educational Facilitators to support whānau within our service to live as independently as possible. A critical component of the role is coaching and mentoring teams to develop an innovative approach to the support needs of the whānau, to ensure that the goals and family/whānau aspirations are met- while ensuring that we are enabling the whānau we support to live their life in the most empowering and culturally appropriate way.
We are seeking a person who has passion and innovation for working in a team environment. You will have experience in leading and motivating teams who work alongside whānau living within our services and in the community. The successful candidate will also be involved in providing supports to their team around intervention techniques and clinical support if required, while providing a fun and holistic approach so your team thrives.
The successful Service Manager will demonstrate excellent communication skills, leadership and staff development. They will be confident using online systems and show computer literacy. The candidate's attention to detail and their ability to work with others will support their creativity and openness to creative solutions for their team and the whānau we support. If you are interested in a challenging and diverse role, have a passion for the community services sector and want to work in an environment where you will be professionally developed, then we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and based in Mangere, the role has a full range of general management responsibilities including services development and stakeholder relationship management. This is an exciting opportunity to being part of our senior management team building upon what has already been achieved.
The successful candidate requires:
- Qualifications in a related field e.g. management, health or social services, community development
- 3+ years senior management experience within a community based Not-for-Profit
- An understanding of and experience with quality service delivery and risk management
- High-level problem solving, judgement and decision-making skills
- Experience leading Social Workers and Community Services staff (30 FTE)
- A commitment to developing and utilising research and evidence-based practice
- Strong relationship management skills
- A work history of positively interacting with internal and external stakeholders to achieve service objectives
- Strong professional boundaries
- The ability to easily build professional relationships, understand and empathise with people and remain calm under pressure
- Have creativity, a sense of humour, initiative and resilience
- An acknowledged ability to thrive in a challenging and ever-changing environment
- A current driver's licence and clean police check
Are you passionate about working with families to bring change & always wanted to make a difference?
If this is you and you have had at least two years’ experience in a similar role, we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you.
Community Linker / Support Worker
Unique opportunities have presented themselves within Monte Cecilia Housing Trust to better enable our Vision that Every NZ family has access to a home that is safe, secure and sustainable.
As a Not-for-Profit Trust being around for 38 years, we are a culturally diverse organisation with a drive to be the best we can be through investing in our staff, client families and operating a business model with a social heart.
About the Role:
You'll provide support to families living in Monte Cecilia housing solutions in both West and South Auckland.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a direct impact on the lives of whānau to help them to reconnect to support services that encourage & empower independence.
With a focus on whānau strengths and implementation of best practice intervention strategies, you will support whānau to achieve their personal goals, enable them to stand tall in their culture and feel a sense of belonging in their community.
We expect you to have really good insight into cultural barriers and be culturally respectful. You'll be a 'glass half full' type of person, with a positive outlook on an ever changing, evolving environment and with professional boundaries at the top of your list.
Sometimes faced with challenges you'll utilise your calmness and sense of humour to engage and empathise with families.
Being able to demonstrate assertiveness, accountability and compassion for people and encourage them to change and grow will create a win-win situation for you and the family creating generational change.
· Have two years community social services experience
· Knowledge and experience supporting families from different cultures
· Must have a Full New Zealand Drivers Licence
· Be able to use IT systems confidently.
· Knowledge of community resources available to connect Whanau to correct & culturally appropriate services
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOWEnquire